The Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter is accepting donations of materials to be distributed and used at the five shelter sites. We are seeking the following items:
- Healthy pre-wrapped snack packs – nuts, dried fruit, granola bars, cheese, crackers
- Hot chocolate packets
- Breakfast bars
- Cans of coffee (regular or decaf)
- Personal Hygiene items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, deodorant, etc.
Donations can be dropped off at Trinity Episcopal (111 S. Grant St.), First United Church (2420 E. Third St.), First Christian Church (205 E. Kirkwood), or First United Methodist Church (219 E. 4th St.)
Please Mark: “Winter Shelter” with your name and contact information. We’d like to thank you!
The Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter is now accepting financial contributions to purchase supplies for the shelter locations. There are a variety of ways to contribute financially:
- To support the Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter general fund, please make out your check to: First Presbyterian Church with “Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter on the memo line.
- Mail or deliver your check to 221 E 6th St, Bloomington, IN, 47408.
- If you want to donate through a host site, make out your check to: First Christian Church, First United Church, First United Methodist Church, or Trinity Episcopal Church, with “Interfaith Winter Shelter” on the memo line. Host site addresses are listed above.
- If you prefer to donate on-line, go to the Presbyterian Mission Exchange site
All donations are tax deductible and all contributions will go to the Interfaith Winter Shelter except for a small service fee for donations by credit card.
The Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter does an annual drive every fall for the upcoming year.
All contributions are appreciated from monetary contributions to social media shares.
If the crowd funding has ended and you still wish to help, please consider contributing in the other ways mentioned.